A display this size might require a bulk order of our outdoor LED kits…but that’s where the fun just begins!
Welcome back to the weekly top ten! This week’s topic? LED Gadgets to use around the house! As home life has turned from the mediocre to the modern, LED technology has been there to provide interesting solutions for everyday tasks. Here are ten of the most intriguing bits of tech I was able to find that will illuminate some of you homebodies out there.
10. LED Booklight This nifty little gizmo not only serves as a bookmark but also as a reading light for all you night owls out there. It even has touch switches for adjusting the overall brightness in case the story you’re reading gets a little TOO intense (I’m looking at you Game of Thrones fans). Currently a concept right now, but I know plenty of people that would love to get their hands on this beauty.
9. LED Ceiling Wait…did I type that correctly? An LED CEILING?!. That’s right, this cool concept is meant to turn your ceiling into a personal work of LED art. Using an ingenious laser controller (at least that’s what it looks like, I think it’s a Sonic Screwdriver, but that’s just my opinion) you can activate specific sections of smaller LED fixtures installed throughout the ceiling surface to create custom designs and lighting layouts. The possibilities are limitless!
8. Touch Nightlight Now this doesn’t sound quite that cool, until you SEE it. This concept piece is meant to replace the hassle of finding switches in the dark by having a touch sensor that allows you to smack it to turn it on and light up the room with LED light. Think of those cheap little tap lights turned up to 11.
7. LED Clock Fan Do you often find yourself needing to be both cooled down and aware of what time it is? Then this breezy LED desk fan is just the thing for you! It projects time and a soothing wind to keep you cool and make you aware of each precious minute that ticks away.
6. RIMA Lamp This spiffy desk lamp offers and astounding amount of control over the type and quality of light you might require. It has adjustable rings that allow you to change the beam angle, color temperature, and intensity of the light. A must have for anyone that finds themselves burning the midnight oil often.
5. Bottle Light Ok, so you’ve just finished throwing a totally rad party for you and your friends, but your trashcan and recycling bin are now packed to the brim with beer and wine bottles. What can you do? Why not convert some of those bottles into a cheap, efficient source of light? These bottle lights act like LED corks essentially. Turning that old Merlot into a Mer-LIGHT. (Rimshot), this works especially well for you trendy types that want to give an artisan feel to your home.
4. USB Light Bulb The name explains it all. It’s an LED light bulb attached to a flexible support that connects to USB ports. A great and simple solution for tech junkies in need of some extra light.
3. Bluetooth LED Candles These LED candles can be controlled via your Bluetooth enabled mobile device to set the mood for any situation. Whether it’s a romantic Valentine’s evening or a rocking 4th of July, these lights are a match for any occasion.
2. LED Inflatable Chair You’ve sat down in a chair…but have you ever sat IN A CHAIR MADE OF LIGHT! This groovy inflatable chair offers a multitude of colors to suit your style. Lighting in a bottle? More like lighting on your bottom! (Oh that was bad, I apologize)
1. TETRIS Light Do you love Tetris? Do you also love lighting? BOOM Tetris light! The game has literally changed. Tap into your childhood nostalgia with this arrange-able light. Your friends will be jealous, enemies will be envious, and you will be the owner of the most awesome light in all the land! Well that’s it for this week’s top ten. See you all next time and have a great 4th of July!
Our LED strips are a popular product for kitchen cabinets, entertainment centrs and crown moulding – but due to the low power requirements of LEDs, they actually make a great addition to any car, boat, RV or other vehicle. Here’s what you need to know to make that happen. Continue reading
If you’re like me and you follow a lot of DIY and Tech sources online, you’ve probably seen plenty of quadcopter/drone videos in the past year. These nifty devices have been advancing quite a bit, and have attracted attention from Continue reading
Think LED lights can’t be art in themselves? Check out what happens when people strap colored LED lights to their Roomba vacuums and take long exposure pictures! Beautiful works of art! Continue reading
Bike culture in the U.S. has seen a glorious Renaissance in the past ten years and with new technology, biking is finally coming into the 21st century. Here are 10 awesome ways I found to trick out your bike using lights.
10. REFLECTIVE SOCKS
Don’t forget to follow us, like our pins and share them with your friends!
The most common question we get at HitLights tech support is ‘What kind of power supply do I need for my LED light strips?’ There’s an easy answer if you look for these three things.
Like many millennials, I am frequently torn between my obsessive appreciation of new technologies and my love of nature. In this video, Bob from iliketomakestuff.com decided to combine his passions for electronics and woodworking into a unique coffee table which blends modern and rustic themes. The finished product resulted in a very Continue reading